Saturday, August 18, 2007

We really do need to talk about kevin!



I don't normally read much fiction, but it being August and the weather being complete shite, I've robbed the shelves of a few novels lately, in fact I've read four in the last two weeks.

This is the stand out by a mile.

It's a great read which reminds me of the only time in my life I rang a radio show, it was Gerry Ryan about ten years ago and he was doing a piece on this English guy who was waiting to be executed on death row, and Gerry was doing his populist bit about what he'd like to see done to your man if it was Gerry's daughter he murdered.

He's all death penalty the bould Gerry, so i rang him up and asked him what he'd think if it was his son who did the killing, how would he feel then?

He gave me all this rubbish about how no son of his could ever do something like that. Funny enough I bet most parents of murderers would have felt the same

Anyway, that's what the book is about, it's from the mother of the perpetrator's perspective, and it's a damn good read, enjoy it (although enjoy is really the wrong word)