Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sometimes my head hurts!



There are times I'm not sure if I'm heading in the right direction, if what i'm doing is actually making a difference.

At the weekend I got a lovely email from a client, and it reminded me of a story I heard from another guy on a course a few months ago who said.

"this young fella was walking along a beach when he came across hundreds and hundreds of stranded starfish, so he stopped and began throwing them back into the water, one by one, after a while a man comes along and while giving him a funny look asked him what he was doing?

The young fella said he was saving the starfish.

But the older man said... Look son, you're mad, there are thousands and thousands of starfish, you can't possibly make a difference.

At which point the young fella picked up another starfish, threw it back into the sea and replied.

Well I made a difference to that one.