Saturday, May 09, 2009

and it's not just Susan Boyle....



Oh I often wonder why sport releases emotions in me that are largely absent most of the time.

There are several causes of nervousness at the moment, first today is a vital day for my club St. Mary's, it's celebrating 125 years of the GAA, but more importantly it gives us a chance to connect those who have played and worked for the club with those younger ones who have never heard of them never mind know them, it's a huge chance to celebrate community which is vital to me, so let's hope it goes well.

Then it's may 9th 2009, the 11th anniversary of the day Celtic stopped the rot and overcame an arrogant and wealthy Rangers to put us back after 9 seasons of being nearly men, and of course today I will often think of my friend Ger, he has now passed on, but our conversations and passion coming up to the day I celebrated in paradise will always be with me.

and I really hope Hull win today, my friend of 32 years was always a bit weird in the 70's by being a Hull City supporter, and for him I hope their win today will avoid a trip away from the arrogant and wealthy Drogba's Renaldo's and Ferguson's of the premiership.

And finally.... Cetic's year will be largely decided by 90 minutes at Ibrox today, so nervousness has been going on all morning, no more than many peoples doubt over Liam supporting Hull all those years ago, I constantly have to put up with ill informed and under educated people who tell me that Scottish football is dire, rank, and a few more adjectives, so let's show them as we did to Leeds Utd, Man United, Blackburn Rovers and Liverpool FC over the years, hey Scotland's got talent.