Monday, May 30, 2005

Dirty morning.


The slipway, 9.30am.

Dirty Morning - It's a miserable morning in the west of Ireland, it's raining!
Maggie is gone to the states for the week and my knee is swollen like a small balloon, making simple things like walking upstairs a major challenge. I'm seriously going to have to think about giving up football, the knee is not up to it. It's going to be a time for changes again over the next few months.
Changing anything that has been part of your life for almost ever is really challenging. There is always going to be a period of grief for the "old" way, and a period of re-adjustment as the "new" will feel uncomfortable at first and take a bit of time to get "used to".
The most important things to have at that stage are committment and stickability. I have a lot of myself tied up in my footballing ability, even at 40 It's still what I daydream about at mass! Yesterday during the first half I scored points with left foot, right foot and fist and at half time I was glowing, so I'm going to have to leave all that in the past, I'm going to have to create new daydreams and I'll find that tough because I've been enjoying the same ones for years and they are almost automatic at this stage.
My work is great, have a lot of encouragement from various people who have been on some of my courses. Today is a day for invoices and ideas. Part 1 of the day is admin, which should take the next hour and that will free up some time where I can begin to design new programmes in both coaching skills and study skills.
time to rock and roll

Paul.