Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Stepping forward!



Is it possible to step forward without doubt? I'm heading into a new phase of the business and although i'm confident that i'm doing the right thing i'm also really nervous of myself, a big fear in my life is letting people down, or more accurately causing people to think or speak poorly of me, so with anything new comes the risk that occassionally i won't be able to keep my promises and people will think less of me.

The truth is that how this works out will be directly linked to the effort and work that goes into it, if we acknowledge that doubt, and tear in nonetheless, then i have a feeling that it will be better than fine, the challenge is not to let the doubts rule, to allow them to paralyse and frustrate our efforts.

It's a fairly simple business really, decide on the plan, generate and package the ideas, sell them regularly and establish good relationships, deliver the goods, keep at it..... it's no different really from selling soap, candles, saucepans or shovels.

A friend made me really smile last week when she told me her son has started first year in UCD and he's doing astrophysics, that is rocket science apparently, this should'nt be.