Thursday, May 03, 2007

All we can see is 100 yards ahead.



This living in the past or living in the future stuff is a bit bonkers, i'm only saying this because I slip into it at times, and I'm trying to remind myself of how stupid it is... ok there's a time for planning, for deciding where I want to go and how i'm going to get there, but after that... it's about concentrating on the 100 yards in front.

If i decide to head for Galway tonight, and i figure out the route to take me there, then it's all about just getting on with it and concentrating on the 100 yards in front of me... if i decide to make some money and build a good business through training and coaching, then my job is to concentrate on the job in hand all the time, whether that job is delivering, coaching, selling, creating, whatever it is... what's important is that i focus and concentrate on the task rather than the plan.

i've heard Al Pacino's peace with inches a hundred times, but i never got the meaning of "the six inches in front of your face" until today... aren't I the silly boy?