Thursday, May 17, 2007

The inconvenient truth.



I'm no different, I find myself drawn towards the reassuring lie more often.

Right now the inconvenient truth is,

I have made some fairly serious business mistakes over the last year or so.
I have to begin to rebuild with the same energy and enthusiasm that I began the business with.
This is going to take a combination of money, energy and time.

The reassuring lies are

It wasn't my fault.
Everything will be grand if I just keep plodding along.
Something will show up.

Of all the things i've heard, read and coached over the years, the stuff that hits home best with me is the stuff about "getting started" So today is the day for me to get started again, to move away from reassuring lies, to face up to the inconvenient truth that this business which is less than 4 years old will wither unless I get stuck into it with renewed passion.

I've taken a few knocks over the last few months, but now is the time to dust myself off and get stuck in up to my elbows again.