Thursday, March 12, 2009

Oh my god...... unbelievable.......



I literally could not believe finding this tonight, it's truly amazing, on facebook a friend called Barry Guckian had posted a 9 minute video of footage shot by a leaving cert student in 1978, and although I was only a first year that time, and 13 years old, I can still remember most of the faces in this low quality video... totally amazing..although it's all senior's sport and I was in first year so I'm not in any of the sporting footage, but was still amazed to spot myself briefly at the same age my youngest daughter is now... you'll spot me from 5.00 to 5.03 I'm the guy in the Arsenal scarf who even then did not like the media and turns away from the camera... wow... but before that I spotted my father, my God... almost 30 years before he died, he's the big guy you'll spot from 4.52 to 4.56 and finally you may recognise the best teacher I've ever encountered in my whole life.. Her name was Frankie Watson, and she was my english teacher, and was so interesting she managed to give me a love of reading and writing that has stayed with me ever since.... you'll see Frankie from 5.37 to 5.40 (and of course I had a crush on her), but then she introduced me to McGahern, and I got thrown out of school for sneaking "The Barracks" into geography class and reading it while pretending to read geography....

God and why do I wonder why I'm really only interested in Interesting people...