Monday, March 09, 2009

Were you ever just "blown away"?



I already told you about going to Scotland for football, but wow do I remember the first time I saw this movie, I was 20 years old and highly impressionable, and yes it did just "blow me away"

Set in Edinburgh which remains one of my favourite cities on the planet, it's brilliant about some ordinary guys with boring lives who chase a dream and become the Robin Hood bandits.

It just ticked all my boxes, you'll find it on DVD online, one of my top 5 movies ever and an amazing soundtrack by Big County.

This scene with the police chase is brilliant, but in fairness I did fancy the head off the guide on the tourist coaches, Teri Lally (I wonder where she is now?).

Nostalgia is becoming a big part of everyone's lives now that we appear to be economically returning to the 80's, but the Terri Lally's and Claire Grogan's of the world are still gorgeous in my head, dunno what Terri is up to now, but Claire is still a complete babe, she was the lovliest girl in the lovely girls episode where she played the (Sinead O"Connor piss take) Niamh Connolly, now you watch that here and try and tell me she's not still an actress and not still a walkin babe.

http://www.blinkx.com/video/father-ted-rock-a-hula-ted-aka-lovely-girls/jsfZeG4LOUuScaVDRKgOiQ