Monday, April 18, 2005

getting there

this business is getting more and more interesting, the best thing about coaching from my perspective is that i get to be scared shitless at least twice a week cos i have to take on something or someone that i have never had to take on before, it's like living in alton towers and having to test the new rides all the time.

Tonight I go to a magazine launch, the magazine will have my first "real"published magazine article on customer service coaching. I have to say i'm excited, I've been on the radio over the last month too, and your man asked me back again. The benefit of keeping on doing new things for me is that i'm getting braver. Not that psyched kind of braver, just braver, a bit more sure of myself around new things, having said that i have 4 senior managers from my latest clients in on wednesday and i'm crapping myself at the thought, but i'm looking forward to it as well.

i'm getting more and more to understand the value of fear, and pain and all that stuff. I always thought that a successful life would be one where you never had to deal with fear or pain, but now am coming to realise that I can't live without them, that i never want my life to be a beige, bland, boring empty trip.....no i want it to be fun, to have big challenges, and either to jump them or to break my neck trying. Am definately getting braver... cheers.