Tuesday, April 19, 2005

to see my name in print.

The magazine launch last night was great, not only did I get to see my article in a superbly produced magazine, but I also got invited to pitch to two new companies. I really want to thank Mike Hannon for the opportunity. I really love the work I'm doing now. I have a great group in Letterkenny tonight and tomorrow I have a new group of senior managers from a big (old) established company. I'm a wee bit nervous about that one, but am looking forward to it just the same.

On the way to work today I heard Christy Kenneally on the radio promoting his new novel, I had the pleasure of sitting next to Christy at a dinner in Cork years ago and I loved his company. He was brilliant today, talking about trying to teach listening skills to people who had not listened to anything in 40 years, a truly fascinating man he spoke about being 56 now and finally realising that he did not have to be in "good form" all the time and he did not have to be the "entertainer" for everybody. I thought he was talking directly to me.

it's time to stop rambling there's work to be done.