Sunday, June 05, 2005

Planting a tree!

I got a lovely apple tree from TJ and Eileen for my birthday recently, whi8ch was really thoughtful of them. I left it sitting in a pot for the last 3 weeks cos I could never get round to planting it, but I put it in the ground today.

I wonder whats in front of it, I wonder will I ever get to see it grow, When I move house I wonder whose children will get to play in it or taste it's fruit, and I wonder will they ever think about how it got there, will they know that it came through friendship, will they know that it symbolised such a lot for me.

The moment of revelation that Newton had under an apple tree, my business and the courage it took to begin it, the constant learning that I must go through, the pain that grows things. or will they just think "hey nice apples"

Probably the latter, and if they do well fair dues to them....I hope i get to enjoy it, my children get to enjoy it and when I am long gone that others whom I've never known will sit beneath it and think "life is good"