Thursday, June 02, 2005

A Tom Waits Kind Of Day


As Gloomy as Tom!

Today has been one of those testing days, bad weather, bad news, bad traffic, bad vibes and just a general Tom Waits kind of day.

The sort of day when I would really like to curl up in a quiet corner with my favourite Tom Waits albums and not face the world at all.

I feel like having a scatter of pints today for the first time in ages, but running away is not the answer, the answer is probably in accepting that it's ok not to feel on top of the world 24/7 and allowing myself to feel crap every once in a while knowing full well that it will pass.

Cut stuff to do back to the bare essentials. only doing stuff that will prevent big complications if it's not done.

The thing is it's OK. This is just the way life is, there are 51% days and 49% days and today is a 49. Still when I hear the opening chords of "Christmas card from a hooker in Minneapolis" I'll know that I'm not alone.