Thursday, June 09, 2005

Tuesdays with Morrie



I found this on a fabulous blog called www.postsecrets.com

I regularly take the days for granted, the small stuff getting on top of me. The girls won't go to bed, another bill wanders through the letterbox, somebody makes a throwaway comment, I see something on the news or a thought of an unpleasant memory drifts into my head.

I get myself into knots when I over analyze things. When I put huge pressure on myself or when I deny myself the things I love in my life.

I can think of nothing sillier that those Saints who used to flog themselves, tie chains around thier bodies and starve themselves for weeks.

Makes no bloody sense to me to deny yourself the enjoyment of the pleasure that is life, sure we all have to have boundaries, but feck it, do your best and don't hurt anyone along the way will do for me.